We love the monsoon, but our skin doesn’t always agree with that sentiment. Grimy, oily or extremely dull skin is common during the monsoon, as are acne breakouts. But with the right care, you can avoid these skin problems and keep your skin healthy, fresh & glowing during the rains. Here are some of our favourite tips to ensure your skin looks its best this season. Continue Reading…
Ladies, listen up – unwanted facial hair is not a cause for concern or embarrassment. Did you know that almost 40% of women have some sort of unwanted facial hair growth! That’s right – you are not alone. In most cases, it is caused due to an imbalance in hormones or even due to the use of certain medications. If you do notice excessive hair growth on your face, it is advisable to see an endocrinologist who would be able to help you check your hormone levels and balance them. In addition to that, there are many natural ways in which you can reduce the appearance of such unwanted hair. Let’s take a look at some of these natural, DIY remedies –
1. Raw papaya contains a substance that helps break down hair follicles, thus reducing your facial hair growth. If you have sensitive skin, this is the mask for you! Make a face mask by blending together 3-4 tbsp of raw papaya flesh and ½ tsp of turmeric powder. Apply this mixture to your face and let it dry. Wash off after 15-20 minutes. Try doing this once or twice a week to see optimum results. Turmeric powder can add a yellow tinge to your skin even after washing off so make sure you don’t use more than ½ a tsp.
2. Using gram flour (commonly known as besan) for hair removal is a remedy passed down over generations and for good reason 😊! Mix together 1-2 tbsp of gram flour with ½ tsp of turmeric and a little water/milk to give it a smooth yet thick consistency. Massage this paste in circular motions onto your face and leave it to dry. Wash this off with cold water after 15-20 minutes. We recommend following this at least twice a week for good results. Always do a patch test on a small area of your skin first to make sure the ingredients don’t cause any irritation.
3. Egg whites have a natural sticky texture that helps remove hair naturally. Simply whisk together 2 egg whites, 1 tbsp brown sugar and 1 tsp of corn flour. Apply this gently to your face and let it dry. Once dry, peel off the mask and along with it, the unwanted hair. Do this once a week to see results.
4. Fenugreek is known for its varied health benefits, but did you know you can also use it to remove unwanted hair? Simply grind fenugreek seeds or just mix 1 tbsp fenugreek powder with a little water to create a smooth paste, apply it to your skin and rub off the dry paste after 15 minutes.
5. Oatmeal is a great exfoliator and not only helps remove hair but also gets rid of dead skin cells. Make an oatmeal scrub by mixing together 2 tbsp oatmeal and 1-2 tbsp honey. Let this sit on your skin for a while and wash off with cold water.
Which of these DIY remedies are you going to try? Leave a comment with your favourite natural remedies for reducing facial hair.
The most memorable gifts are always the most thoughtful ones. The beauty of an amazing gift isn’t in its price tag, but in the time and effort taken to select it. We believe that gifts must always be carefully chosen, keeping in mind the likes/dislikes of the person receiving them. So, we put together a list of pretty awesome gift ideas for all the different kinds of friends in your lives. Take a look and don’t forget to tell us which one is your favourite! Continue Reading…
If you love a quick and easy beauty hack, you’ll love these beauty tips that we put together especially for you. Simple yet effective, we’re sure these hacks will soon become part of your beauty regime. Read on to see if you are already following any of these…
The start of the New Year fills us with hope, excitement and an energy we can’t describe. And so, we make resolutions – resolutions to travel more, stress less, eat healthy, save more, and many others. But a few weeks into the year, and we find ourselves losing sight of our goals. That’s why we’re sharing our favourite tips on how to turn your resolutions into achievable goals. Here they are… Continue Reading…
Your big day is almost here! And even though you always imagined the weeks leading up to your wedding to be filled with long spa days, pampering beauty treatments and lots of sleep, the truth is you probably won’t have much time to breathe – in between dress rehearsals, appointments with your florist, caterers, other vendors and so on! While this pressure can soon become overwhelming, don’t forget that this is your special day and you deserve to look and feel amazing! Here are some of our favourite bride-tested beauty hacks that will help you look your best. Continue Reading…
When it comes to our wardrobe, it always feels like we never have enough space to fit in everything that we need, in an organized fashion. So how do we keep our closet neat & efficient, while making sure it doesn’t get over-crowded? We’ve got some great closet-organizing tips and accessories that you will love to get your hands on. Continue Reading…
Turmeric or the spice better known to us as ‘haldi’ has been a staple ingredient in our kitchens ever since we can remember. Though mainly used for cooking, haldi is one kitchen ingredient that is heavily endorsed by our Moms/Grandmas/Aunties for its miraculous skin healing powers. Got a cut? Dab some turmeric on it! Want your skin to glow? Again, let turmeric do its job! Turmeric has numerous skin benefits and can be combined with other natural ingredients to protect, heal and transform your skin. Let’s find out how…
- Let’s deal with that Acne
Turmeric has amazing antibacterial, antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties that help cure acne. It fights bacteria and also reduces secretion of oil, thus keeping acne away. This is also great for those with oily skin by helping to keep it in control. It also takes care of redness, tightens open pores and helps prevent future breakouts.
TRY THIS: Mix ½ tsp of turmeric powder with a little neem oil and apply this paste to the affected areas. Leave it on for around 20 minutes and wash off with water. Do a small patch test first to prevent breakout of allergies.
- The Miracle Anti-Aging Formula
Turmeric is enriched with antioxidants that fight signs of aging. Regular use of this will give you toned, youthful skin with a radiant glow. It also combats dry, rough skin, leaving it as smooth and soft as ever.
TRY THIS: Mix 1 tsp of turmeric powder with a little milk/yoghurt and 1 tbsp of warm raw honey. Apply this paste to your face and let it dry. Wash off after 20-25 minutes.
- No more marks
Over a period of time, acne can leave marks and scars on your skin. Treat these scars with turmeric, which is known to help skin cell regeneration. You can even use it to get rid of stretch marks or dark circles under your eyes and heal cracked skin.
TRY THIS: Make a paste using equal amounts of turmeric powder and sandalwood powder with a little rose water. Massage this into your skin and wash off after 20 minutes. Repeat this once every week/two weeks and you will soon notice a difference.
- For that naturally gorgeous complexion
Improve your skin tone and lighten spots and pigmentation with this miracle ingredient.
TRY THIS: Whisk together ½ tsp turmeric powder, ½ tsp sandalwood powder, 1 tbsp milk, 1 tbsp almond oil, 1 egg white and a tsp of lemon juice. Apply this paste to your face for 15-20 minutes and wash off with water for a radiant complexion. Repeat often for best results.
- Tackle facial hair
Although there is no definite research on this, many women with unwanted facial hair have used turmeric to curb its growth, with great results.
TRY THIS: Make a thick paste of 1 tbsp turmeric powder, 2 tbsp besan (gram flour) with a little bit of water/milk. Apply this on your face and neck and wash off when dry. Use regularly for good results.
- Heal your Skin
One of the most common uses of turmeric is for healing small cuts, wounds and even burns. Apply turmeric powder directly to tiny cuts or abrasions to stop bleeding.
Tips to remember:
- – Turmeric can stain easily so make sure to keep it away from your clothes while applying it.
- – Even though it does not stain skin, use a natural skin toner to clean your skin if you feel that the powder has not completely washed off.
- – Always do a patch test before applying any ingredients to your skin.
- – Do not leave it on your skin for very long.
“Travel light”, your parents always said. And we agree, travelling light does have its advantages. The most important one being that you have more space in your bag for all that holiday shopping you’ll be doing. And for the more practical travelers, a light bag will make it easier for you to travel from one place to another if you have multiple destinations to visit. The question that then arises is – how can you travel light and still have everything you need to pull out all the fashion stops on your next exotic getaway? To help you look your stylish best while vacationing, we put together a list of must-have items and outfit combinations for you to pack. Continue Reading…