HONEY: Secret to Glowing Skin
Honey is one of the precious &easily available ingredients in the world & can work wonders on your skin. It comprisesthe most powerful antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and moisturizing properties that makes it a real ‘skin-saver’.
Principles of Ayurveda entitles Honey for its internal & external cleansing properties.Ancient Egyptians, Assyrians,Chinese, Romans and Greeks have traditionally used honey as a medicinal remedy, for the management of wound healing, skin ailments and various gastrointestinal diseases.
- Honey is an excellent promoter of healing process
- It removes toxic plugs and rejuvenates the body tissues
- It has the ability togently absorb impurities from your skin, & hence acts as a natural cleanser
- Anti-microbial properties of honey are both antibacterial & antifungal that promotes healing and helps treat skin infections.
- The antibacterial properties of honey include the release of low levels of hydrogen peroxide that works as an antiseptic for the skin hence treat acne
- It also has an additional phytochemical antibacterial component that protects from skin damage
- Whereas the Anti-inflammatory properties of Honey, works as a powerful healer to treat sunburn & reduces acne
- Honey is also known to be occlusive in nature that forms a protective layer around skin that helps in trapping moisture
Overall honey helps your skin retain moisture and elasticity, thus slowing down the aging process and leaving you with younger-looking, radiant skin.