SANDALWOOD : Soothing Pure Sandalwood Oil
Sandalwood is an aromatic wood that is obtained from the tree Santalum album. Sandalwood oil has been used vastly in the practice of Ayurveda over centuries, mainly due to its calming aroma and powerful medicinal properties. It also offers numerous skin-related benefits and is thus used as an ingredient in making skin and beauty products.
Here are some of the benefits of Sandalwood oil:
- Calming Effect on Senses : The gentle aroma of sandalwood oil has a calming effect on one’s senses. It is used widely during meditation as its aroma helps lighten one’s mood and relieve tension, stress and irritability.
- Improves complexion: One of the main benefits of sandalwood is that is helps improve one’s complexion. It can be effectively used to lighten scars and dark spots.
- Relieves Irritation and Redness: Sandalwood oil has anti-inflammatory properties which help cool & soothe dry, irritated skin. It also gives relief from skin itching and infections, due to its soothing properties.
- Softens Skin: It softens skin by helping it retain moisture, thus giving your skin a lovely, dewy appearance.
- Treats Acne: Sandalwood contains powerful antibacterial properties that fight bacteria and prevent acne.
- Works as a Natural Deodorant: The antiseptic and antimicrobial properties of sandalwood fight odor-causing bacteria from perspiration, and thus it also works as a natural deodorant.
- Helps Tone Skin: Sandalwood oil, with its astringent properties, also helps tighten skin pores, thus toning the skin and giving it a fresh and plump look.
- Reduces Signs of Ageing: Reduces Signs of Ageing
Take advantage of the many benefits of this soothing plant and make Soothing a part of your daily beauty regime.